Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year 2010

2010 is a new year and a new beginning to start blogging.

I have been working over the holidays not in my usual paint/paper/fiber but actually following a pattern and making handbags and a backpack. Very relaxing following a pattern and the only decisions are what fabric to use.

This backpack is made from Lazy Girl Designs Pattern. I purchased the fabric when we were in



Ashville, North Carolina.


Another Lazy Girl Design. The fabric that I used came from Japan purchased by my daughter when she was living there. I have been saving it for a while and was quite pleased with the finished product. The button, hard to see ,I know, is an old one from my stash waiting for the right time to use it.






These two bags were made as gifts one for my daughter and one for her mother-in-law.

I am presently taking a some line classes with with Maggie Grey and also Linda Monk and Carole McFee. I've given myself a bit of a holiday and plan on resuming the lessons this week. I'll post my results as I go along.

2 comments:

  1. These bags are so beautiful and the fabrics you use are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather, I don't usually make something as useful as bags and backpack. Very satisfing. The flower fabic was quite special for me. My daughter sent it to me when she was teaching in Japan. I've been hording it for a few years and I feel it has now found a good home.

    ReplyDelete