Monday, May 31, 2010

There and back again

I'm home again after a very successful 10 day road trip to the southern US. Our first stop was Paducah, Kentucky. A town that the main industry seems to be Quilts and Quilters.
My first stop was Handcocks of Paducah. Wow! I don't think I've ever been in a shop that had such a huge selection of cotton fabrics. It was overwhelming to look at row upon row of bolts of fabrics.




I don't have any projects planned and only bought a few pieces of fabric. It was very tempting to buy more.



Another stop was the National Quilt Musuem. Unfortunatly they don't allow photos to be taken inside. The quilts on display were wonderful. From traditional to very modern with a lot more glitz in some of the quilts than I expected. My very favorit was a quilt that won 1st prize at this years Quilt Show in April, it was a scene from The Lord of the Ring machine and hand quilted. Just spectacular. I do wish I could have taken a photo.
Our next stop was Music City Nashville. But thats for another post.




No comments:

Post a Comment