Tuesday, March 8, 2011

100 Years

100 YEARS OF INTERNATIONAL WOMENS DAY
As women who's shoulders do we stand on!



Clara Zetkin who founded International Women's Day and believed in equal rights and opportunities for women.






Emily Pankhurst and fellow suffragettes who went to prison and fought for the right to vote for women.





Nellie McClung and the famous 5 who fought for the rights of women to sit in the senate and hold public office. She worked for and believed in workers rights, womens suffrage, and married womens property rights. Who said "get it done and let them howl"
And lastly I salute the Volunteer organization that I have been a proud member of for 31 years The Junior League founded in 1901. The Junior League is committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. I am proud to say my daughter is a member as well and I look forward to the day when my grand daughters who turned 4 today join.
So my women friends as Kelly Kilmer wrote on her blog today:
STAND STRONG! STAND PROUD! and especially STAND TOGETHER!
And three cheers for us we have come a long way in 100 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment