Monday, July 11, 2011

Full Tilt Boogie - Continued

I've been on a roll making Journals and journal pages. Today was Journal 2 from FTB.
With some trepadation I used the vintage celuloid cabinet album for the cover this journal.


I very carefully cut away the inside and put the pages away to use later. Following the instructions I reinforced the spine and then assembled my signatures. I made 3 signatures of three pages each which gives me 36 pages to journal on. Again I used watercolour paper for some of the pages as well as  scrapbook paper and card stock. The signatures were sewn using the kettle stitch and then attached to the covers with good old Modge Podge.

I used some vintage postcards that I found in an antique store last weekend to embellish.
I had saved a program book from the ballet Alice in Wonderland and cut out some of the figures to glue onto the pages.
I also added a few of the pages from the original album. And of course I used Washi tape to decorate the pages.

3 comments:

  1. All of your journals are absolutely wonderful. The cut-out figures are a great touch. I especially like the dancer in red you placed on top of the handwritten postcard. I really enjoyed seeing your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved all of your journals. They are absolutely wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Isn't this the best of classes, along with Remains of the Day, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful album you found! Love what you've done inside. Love all your journals, especially the binding on that first one - so clever! Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete