Saturday, February 11, 2012

Man of La Mancha

The Art Journal Caravan 2012 word this week was Quixotic. The first image and thought that came to my mind was Don Quixote de la Mancha. I found Don Quixote on DeivantArt drawn by Randis. I extracted him from the background and then went to work on the layout.
When I was in High School, many a year ago, taking grade 12 Spanish I was given the task of reading Don Quixote in the original and then translating chapters into English. All I can say now looking back on it, was the absolute despair I felt when starting out that there was no way I could do it. It did get done eventually and sad to think now I have lost most of that small ability in Spanish. I also saw the play  Man of la Mancha several years ago, I  was very moved by the songs and sadness. I'm sure I have the sound track somewhere around and will have to pull it out and listen to it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment