Friday, November 30, 2012

Digital to Phyical

I have spent the last week in my studio with paper, glue and a exacto knife making school memory books for my 2 oldest granddaughters. The books were inspired by a  photo I saw on the Graphic 45 site made byLuv-Lee Scrappin.   Graphic 45 paper called ABC Primer was used on the cover and throughout the book.  The pockets were made with paper bags covered with the paper and chipboard was used for the covers and spines again covered with same Graphic 45 paper.
I am waiting for a order to arrive to finish  the front covers including locks and some kind of a closure. I still haven't figured that out yet.


As you can see from these photo's I made the spine very wide to be able to accommodate the photo's and other bits and pieces that will be added over the years.

                                                            Inside front cover and first pocket
 Each pocket contains a tag that can be used to record the name of the girls teacher and other information  about their school year.

There are pockets and tags for Junior Kindergarten through to grade 12 and I will be labeling each pocket.

My plan is to make a third book for my youngest granddaughter, but she is only 18 months old so there is no rush.



1 comment:

  1. ohhhhhhhh Diane, they are positively PERFECT. You did such a great job here that they look like a professional job. Lol, not that you are NOT professional but you know what I mean. I will never never EVER be able to do something like this in such a perfect way. For a start, I don't normally use an exacto knife though I do for other stuff. What a fantastic job and fabulous photos to boot. Thanks for uploading them. I would PAY to have them for my twin grandgirls. They are just wonderful. (taking a tissue and crying because I am not good at this...)lol. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete