Tuesday, October 8, 2013

World Wide Photo Walk

I participated in my first World Wide Photo Walk last Saturday. The walk was started by Scott Kelby  a number of years ago. Last year there were over 900  walks around the world with 32,000 participants. What is a photo walk you ask "Its a social photography event where photographers get together (usually in a downtown area or trendy section of town) to walk around and take photos, and generally have fun with other photographers." And fun just what happened on my walk!
The walk I joined started at 10 am  and finished at 1:00 with a pub lunch. I really enjoyed myself talking and sharing with other participants.  I was super impressed with the camera's and lenses the other participants had. I shot with my new Sony camera and was happy walking with its light weight. I was also happy with the results of the day.
The photo above of the statue  was taken in alleyway. I came away wondering why it was there and not in some ones garden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment